Its been almost 155 years since the release of ‘Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland‘ commonly known to people as ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Written by Lewis Carroll. Even though it’s been more than a century yet this story remains a classic children’s tale.
The story of a girl who follows a rabbit into a rabbit hole and where she saw a room with a small door and finds a bottle with a note saying “drink me.” Curious Alice drinks and finds herself shrinking. Soon she realizes she now fits through a small door in the room. Passing through the door she finds a lovely garden and decides to go for a walk.
Walking through the garden she encounters many different outraging creatures, and that’s where her adventure begins. Where she finds herself smoking a water pipe with a caterpillar, at a tea party with March Hare, the Mad Hatter, and the rabbit, and also sees The Queen of hearts into the garden with her guests, where they play croquet, with hedgehogs for balls, flamingos for mallets and soldiers for hoops.
When they get back to the castle, they realize someone has stolen Queen’s tarts! The queen is very angry and she accused Alice of stealing, then suddenly Alice starts growing again, which makes the Queen certain that she is the culprit and they almost threw Alice into prison.
At that moment, Alice wakes up and finds herself next to her sister and realizes that it was all a dream.
While it might be a classic children’s tale but there are many Alice in Wonderland quotes and dialogues that have been appreciated and loved by many people all around the world. And will continue to be-loved and appreciated by generations to come. Here we have gathered some of the best quotes out of Alice in Wonderland that’ll surely fill your imaginations.
Alice in Wonderland Quotes
1. “If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.”
2. “How do you run from what is inside your head?”
3. “The uninformed must improve their deficit, or die.”
4. “I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”
5. “Some go this way. Some go that way. But as for me, myself, personally, I prefer the short cut.”
6. “Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
7. “Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle.”
8. “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?” “That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.” “I don’t much care where –” “Then it doesn’t matter which way you go.”
9. “You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants some magical solution to their problem and everyone refuses to believe in magic.”
10. “People might think you’re crazy for what you believe or wear or say, but it doesn’t matter.”
11. “Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!”
12. “Have i gone mad? I’m afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.”
13. “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
14. “Begin at the beginning”, “and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
15. “I’m sorry, but how can one possibly pay attention to a book with no pictures in it?”
16. “I have an excellent idea! Let’s change the subject.”
17. “The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.”
18. Alice: “How long is forever?”
White Rabbit: “Sometimes, just one second.”
19. “I’m not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours.”
20. “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.”
21. If you’ll believe in me, I’ll believe in you. Is that a bargain?
22. “But that’s just the trouble with me. I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.”
23. “It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.”
24. “The best way to explain it is to do it.”
25. “If there’s no meaning in it,” said the King, “that saves a world of trouble, you know, as we needn’t try to find any.”