30+ Best Christmas Quotes and Holiday Sayings
Below you will find some of the best 30+ Christmas Quotes that you can send to your friends & family who you cant wish in person.
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. Christmas is not only celebrated by Christians but billions of people around the world celebrate this festival with joy and happiness. Christmas is celebrated on 25th of December every year. Christmas meant very special to Christians because according to some historians Jesus was born on this day. and since its the public holiday people around the all world celebrate this festival with Christians doesn’t matter which religion they belong to. Christians love and respect Jesus because he is the religious leader who taught them the teaching of their religion.
Recommended: When is Easter and The History of Easter
People around the world celebrate this festival with joy, love and happiness. this might be the only festival that is celebrated by people all around the world. And that is what makes Christmas so special doesn’t matter which religion you follow or which color your skin are people celebrate this festival together. This festival unites people all around the world. people invite each other to their home to celebrate this festival together. people present each other gifts. people throw big parties to celebrate this special day. people plan dinner with their loved ones. no matter which way people choose to celebrate they celebrate it with full joy and happiness.
On this day people also decorate a Christmas tree. Christmas tree is an evergreen tree, often a pine or a fir, decorated with lights and other ornaments as a part of Christmas festivities. For many people it can be unthinkable to celebrate this festival without Christmas tree. But do you know where does this tradition come from? just like many other Christmas tradition, the origin of Christmas tree come from pagan traditions. In fact it can be said that if it were not for Queen Victoria, decorated evergreen tree might have remained a custom practiced only in Germanic and Slavic countries.
The other most important tradition of Christmas is Santa Claus. Santa Claus the jolly man in red. Children wait all year for this festival because they believed that Santa Claus will come and make their wish come true. But just like Christmas Tree the legend of Santa Claus can also be traced back to a monk named St. Nicholas.
Recommended: Good Night Images
Since Christmas is one of those festival celebrated all over the world it can be hard to be with all your friends and family. Some people cant be with you even if they want to. so what you do is wish them Merry Christmas by sending quotes as a text or writing on their social media timeline. This way you let your loved ones know that even thought they are not their right now still they have special place in your heart.
Best Christmas Quotes
1. “At Christmas, all roads lead home.”~ Marjorie Holmes
2. “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” ~ Calvin Coolidge
3. Christmas is a time when everybody wants his past forgotten and his present remembered.
~ Phyllis Diller
4. “Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.” ~ Washington Irving
5. “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
6. “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” ~ Roy L. Smit
7. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” ~ Hamilton Wright Mabie
8. God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it. – Pope Francis
9. Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving. – B. C. Forbes
10. When we recall Christmas past we usually find that the simplest things, not the great occasions, give off the greatest glow of happiness.” ~ Bob Hope
11. “Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.” ~ Author unknown
12. “I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.” ~ Harlan Miller
13. “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” ~ Ruth Carter Stapleton
14. “Good news from heaven the angels bring,
Glad tidings to the earth they sing:
To us this day a child is given,
To crown us with the joy of heaven.” ~ Martin Luther
15. Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merry making. It is more than that. It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” ~ J. C. Penney
16. “Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; Teach us to be patient and always to be kind.” ~ Helen Steiner Rice
17. “Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May God make you very rich in both.” ~ Phillips Brooks
18. Christmas, my child, is love in action. ~ Dale Evans
19. Christmas is a stocking stuffed with sugary goodness. ~ Mo Rocca
20. Christmas is the day that holds all time together. ~ Alexander Smith
21. Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection. ~ Winston Churchil
22. Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” ~ Peg Bracken
23. Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles. ~ Anonymous
24. “May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!” ~ Author Unknown
25. “Christmas is Family, Friends, Hope, Joy, Memories, Peace and Love.” ~ Author Unknown
26. “At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year” ~ Thomas Tusser
27. Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from the store. Maybe Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more!
~ The Grinch, by Dr Seuss
28. It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree that matters, it’s who is around it.
29. Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever.
~ Richelle Goodrich
30. Christmas magic is silent. You don’t hear it – You feel it. You know it. You believe it.
~ Kevin Alan Milne
31. Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don’t quite know how to put our love into words.
~ Harlan Miller
32. Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.
~ Peg Bracken
33. I love the Christmas-tide, and yet,
I notice this, each year I live;
I always like the gifts I get,
But how I love the gifts I give!
~ Carolyn Wells
34. When we recall Christmas past we usually find that the simplest things, not the great occasions, give off the greatest glow of happiness.
~ Bob Hope
35. Heap on the wood! – the wind is chill;
But let it whistle as it will,
We’ll keep our Christmas merry still.
~ Sir Walter Scott