Eeyore is a character in the Winnie the Pooh books written by A.A. Milne. Eeyore first appeared in the first book of Winnie-the-Pooh in 1926 as a friend of the main title character. Eeyore is a stuffed donkey who is always depressed, gloomy, or sad.
Eeyore lives alone in a small house made of sticks, But the sad thing is that Eeyore always has to rebuild his house at a different location because it always gets knocked over. Also, he has his own area in the Hundred Acre Woods known as “ Eeyore’s Gloomy Place”, where he is usually seen sulking under a rain cloud or eating thistles. (one of his favorite thing to do).
Eeyore is a character who you’ll hardly see ever be happy, and even when he is happy it doesn’t feel like he genuinely is. He is always so sad and depressed that it feels like being gloomy is an essence of his very being. But no matter how sad he always is, but he always appreciates the effort his friends put over to make him happy. there are many reasons for his negativity but one of those is his tail which always falls off and is attached to his back using pushpin, while he doesn’t like his tail but he also agrees that there is nothing in this world that can replace it. Other than that he likes eating thistles and sugar cubes, he also likes stories that are sad because sad stories make him appreciate his life.
The reason Eeyore is loved by so many people is that his character is someone people can relate to in troublesome time. He can sometimes be quite insightful – he was the first one to understand that group doesn’t have to go on a long and dangerous journey to become smart, strong, or brave, they had it in them. And also in the later episodes, it is shown that he is arguably the wisest and smartest resident of Hundred Acre Woods.
What Makes Eeyore Quotes Special?
There are many things that you can learn from the Eeyore from the Winnie the Pooh, While he was the character who was always negative and depressed but there are times when he has shown the sign of how insightful he is. We have gathered some of the best Eeyore quotes that will surely make you believe that indeed he was the wisest and smartest resident of Hundred Acre Woods.
The Best Eeyore Quotes
1. It’s the only cloud in the sky. And it’s drizzling. Right on me. Somehow, I am not surprised.
2. If it is a good morning, which I doubt.
3. After all, what are birthdays? Here today and gone tomorrow.
4. Could be worse. Not sure how, but it could be.
5. I’m not asking anybody,” said Eeyore. “I’m just telling everybody. We can look for the North Pole, or we can play ‘Here we go gathering Nuts in May’ with the end part of an ants’ nest. It’s all the same to me.
6. No, Give and Take. No Exchange of Thought. It gets you nowhere, particularly if the other person’s tail is only just in sight for the second half of the conversation.
7. When stuck in the river, it is best to dive and swim to the bank yourself before someone drops a large stone on your chest in an attempt to hoosh you there.
8. A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.
9. No brain at all, some of them [people], only grey fluff that’s blown into their heads by mistake, and they don’t Think.
10. One can’t complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday.
11. This writing business. Pencils and what-not. Over-rated, if you ask me. Silly stuff. Nothing in it.
12. We can’t all and some of us don’t. That’s all there is to it.
13. The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually.
14. They’re funny things, Accidents. You never have them till you’re having them.
15. They made me catch the cold I caught.
16. Thanks for noticin’ me.
17. I’m telling you. People come and go in this Forest, and they say, ‘It’s only Eeyore, so it doesn’t count.
18. Those two bothers will have to rhyme with each other, Buther. The fact is this is more difficult than I thought.
19. It’s not much of a tail, but I’m sort of attached to it.
20. A tail isn’t a tail to them, it’s just a little bit extra at the back.