Stanley Martin Lieber commonly known as Stan Lee was an American comic book writer, editor, and publisher. He was the primary creative leader for Marvel Comics for two decades; it was under his leadership that Marvel Comics rise from a small division of a publishing house to a multimedia corporation that has been dominating the comics industry to date.
Stan Lee was born in Manhattan, New York City, on December 28, 1922, in the apartment of his Romanian born Jewish immigrant parents, Celia and Jack Lieber. from young age Stan Lee enjoyed writing and his dream was to one day write the “Great American Novel”. In his high school days, Lee took part in an essay competition known as “The Biggest New of the Week”, Sponsored by the New York Herald Tribune. according to Lee, he won that competition for three weeks in a row and it came down to the point that News Paper had to ask him to back off and let someone else win. The paper also suggested him to write professionally. When he was Sixteen and a Half he had already completed his high school education., in 1939 and joined the WPA Federal Theatre Project.
Lee’s uncle Robbie Solomon helped him become an assistant at the new Timely Comics division. In the year 1960’s when Timely Comics expand into the Marvel Comics, Her cousin Jane who was married to Goodman helped him and Timely editor Joe Simon formally hired Lee.
Later, in collaboration with others Marvel- particularly co-writer/artists Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko- he created many popular fictional characters, including superheroes like Spider-Man, The X-Men, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Daredevil, and Doctor Strange, superheroes which are loved and admired by people all around the world and which help Marvel Comics to reach the success he is at now.
Later, in the year of 1994, Lee was inducted into the comic book industry’s Will Eisner Award Hall of Fame and the Jack Kirby Hall of Fame in 1995. In 2008, he received the NEA’s National Medal of Arts.
Even in his 90s, Lee continued independent creative ventures until November 12, 2018, when he died because of cardiac arrest, just six weeks before his 96th birthday.
The Best Stan Lee Quotes
In honor of Stan Lee, a legendary writer, editor, and publisher. someone who throughout his career gave us many moments to cherish and entertain us on many occasions, to pay tribute to that legendary Stan Lee we have gathered some of the best Stan Lee quotes.
1. “Life is never complete without its challenges.”
2. “All that matters is how you see yourself.”
3. “No one has a perfect life. Everybody has something that he wishes was not the way it is.”
4. “With great power, there must also come … great responsibility!”
5. “The only advice anybody can give is if you wanna be a writer, keep writing. And read all you can, read everything.”
6. “Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people’s well-being and will go out of his or her way to help them — even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero.”
7. “To me, writing is fun. It doesn’t matter what you’re writing, as long as you can tell a story.”
8. “Just because you have superpowers, that doesn’t mean your love life would be perfect. I don’t think superpowers automatically mean there won’t be any personality problems, family problems or even money problems. I just tried to write characters who are human beings who also have superpowers.”
9. “I don’t really see a need to retire as long as I am having fun.”
10. “The power of prayer is still the greatest ever known in this endless eternal universe.”
11. “I used to be embarrassed because I was just a comic-book writer while other people were building bridges or going on to medical careers. And then I began to realize: entertainment is one of the most important things in people’s lives. Without it they might go off the deep end. I feel that if you’re able to entertain people, you’re doing a good thing.”
12. “If you are interested in what you do, that keeps you going.”
13. “We all wish we had superpowers. We all wish we could do more than we can do.”
14. “It’s a lot of work, but if you really have it in you, it’s not like work. It becomes fun.”
15. “I guess one person can make a difference.”
16. “I don’t analyze things too closely. I find the more you analyze, the more you get away from spontaneity.”
17. “I see myself in everything I write. All the good guys are me.”
18. “To tell you the truth, I never thought of myself as much of a success.”
19. “I think superheroes are bigger than life and they’re very colorful.”
20. “Keep moving forward, and if it’s time to go, it’s time. Nothing lasts forever.”