It’s been more than 22 years since the release of the first Harry Potter movies (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone) novel by J.K Rowling. And almost 10 years since she put the book series to the end with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. Considering how huge success Harry Potter novels were, Warner Bros decided to make a movie out of those novels, which later resulted in one of the most loved and successful franchises of Hollywood.
What Made Harry Potter so Special?
Throughout the years Harry Potter Series has taught us many things, though we don’t exactly face the same situation as Harry Potter and other did in the wizardly world of Harry Potter, but there are many lessons about life, love, friendship, acceptance, bravery, and death that we learn from Harry Potter Series. Not only does the series teach us many lessons, but the series is full of unforgettable moments and, some of the wisest and most powerful Harry Potter quotes, but often they are not longer than a few words or a sentence. Just thinking about those unforgettable moments makes you want more of Harry Potter and leave you wondering what Harry, Hermione, and Ron would be up to as adults.
Although it has been years since the series ended and J.K Rowling has moved on to different projects, there are many people who will never forget the amount of love she put in those seven books. In honor of the Harry Potter Series and just to appreciate how wisely she wrote each and every word of those books, we have gathered a collection of some inspirational and hilarious Harry Potter quotes that were written in books or spoken in films. And while there are many fans who appreciate wise and humorous words written by J.K Rowling, what makes them so special is how much they are relatable and applicable to our own lives. So without any further delay let’s get back into the magical world of Hogwarts.
Best Harry Potter Quotes
1. “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”
2. “We are all human, aren’t we? Every human life is worth the same and worth saving.”
3. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
4. “You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.”
5. “Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”
6. “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
7. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
8. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
9. “Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.”
10. “But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
11. “Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one that rises against them and strikes back.”
12. “Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.”
13. “The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
14. “It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.”
15. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
16. I am what I am, an’ I’m not ashamed. ‘Never be ashamed,’ my ol’d dad used to say, ‘there’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth botherin’ with.’
17. Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.
18. “We cannot choose our fate, but we can choose others. Be careful in knowing that.”
19. Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
20. “Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”
21. “Perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it”
22. “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
23. “There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to seek it.”
24. “Harry, suffering like this proves you are still a man! This pain is part of being human … the fact that you can feel pain like this is your greatest strength.”
25. “It is important,” Dumbledore said, “to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting; for only then could evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
If you like these quotes, then don’t forget to share WishandGreet.com with others.