Admit it, you love baby showers. There is free food, lots of games and a happy friend who is about to be a mother. Life seems to be going great for your friend, and you wouldn’t want to be the cause of anything that would ruin the mood. That’s why you need to make sure that anything that you write in the baby shower card is sweet, but not too formal. It should come from your heart.
But not everyone has great writing skills, some of us need the inspiration to write a great baby shower card.
Parenthood is already tough, but a baby shower card is a perfect way to remind your friend that you are always there for her, cheering for her and making sure that you acknowledge all that your friend is going through to bring a beautiful new life into this world.
Now we know that it’s difficult to find the right words that describe all that is mentioned above, but you don’t have to worry about it. We have compiled a list of wishes that you can write in a baby shower card, with a list of things you should NEVER write in a baby shower card. Curious to know what these lists contain? Let’s get rolling!
What to Write in a Baby Shower Card
One of the most important things to remember while writing a card is to remember the basic etiquettes. Many times people forget these things when they are close with the mother of the baby and end up writing silly things that end up becoming a cause of embarrassment for the family.
Now you wouldn’t want that to happen, would you?
Always make sure that you know who is going to be a part of this baby shower. If there are family members, old people, children, or relatives of the mother present, then make sure that the card doesn’t contain any adult jokes. Imagine the horror on the mother-to-be’s face, when she opens up the card and starts reading it aloud only to realize a dirty joke written somewhere. Now that is something she would never forgive you for.
Baby Shower Wishes for your Best Friends
- Wishing you an easy delivery, but most importantly— wishing your mood swings go away soon!
- Can’t wait to spoil the little one, thank you for giving us such a wonderful gift.
- You’re going to embark on a grand adventure, there is no turning back now. Hope you enjoy it to the fullest. Wishing you a safe and easy delivery
- Hope you are able to welcome your baby into this world with the same enthusiasm that you eat your pizza with.
- Wishing you a safe delivery, and here’s to hoping that you’ll be able to fit in the leather pants that you brought right before you got pregnant.
- May you and the little one be safe and healthy. But most importantly, may your little one be safe from your mood swings.
- I know that you’ll love the little one with all your heart and soul, but always remember— I was and will be your first baby.
- Wishing you health, joy, and love in the form of your baby. Can’t wait to meet the person you will be spending your money on, for the rest of your life.
Baby Shower Wishes if it’s a Boy
- You’re going to spend the rest of your life obsessing about sports, cars and then girls. And it’s going to be one hell of a fun ride for you. Hope you enjoy your motherhood because that’s going to last forever
- I can’t wait to meet my nephew. Here’s to hoping he ends up being the nicest guy in the world.
- Thank you for bringing this wonderful joy in our life. Hope he’s as handsome as his papa and as smart as his mama
- I am a little jealous of this little guy for having such marvelous parents. Here’s to wishing he loves and cherishes them as much as they love him already
- Hello young man, I can’t wait for you to grow up so I can tell your parents’ embarrassing stories to you.
Baby Shower Wishes if it’s a Girl
- Can’t wait to see the little burrito, wrapped in pink sheets and white bows.
- I wish your baby girl is the same kind of sweetheart that you are. Here’s to hoping she gets all the happiness of both worlds
- A beautiful doll is coming your way, hope you’ll get to play with her. We are too excited to meet your darling daughter
- A beautiful, smart, and wonderful woman is bringing another beautiful, smart, and wonderful woman in this world. Hope they both enjoy each moment of their life.