The Lord of the Rings is a film franchise of three epic fantasy adventure films directed by Peter Jackson, the films are the direct adaption of the novels written by J. R. R. Tolkien. There are total three parts on which this film is divided into; Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King, Which were released from 2001 to 2003 one part each year respectively. Even though it has been more than 17 years since the last part of the series was released, the series remains a masterpiece to date. The Lord of the Rings is one of the most beloved and bestselling fantasy series of all time.
The Lord of the Rings is a high epic fantasy tale, a journey of destroying the One Ring, on which rests the future of the civilization, the ring that has been lost for centuries. Powerful and Dark forces are in search of it. But fate has something else in mind. At age 33, Frodo Baggins an adult hobbit played by Elijah Wood receives a magic Ring of Invisibility from his uncle Bilbo. Frodo soon realizes that the ring has the power to control the entire world and to corrupt its owner, and evil forces are in search of this ring. In order to destroy this ring in the fires of Mount Doom where it was forged, a fellowship of hobbits, elves, dwarfs, and men is formed. But in their journey, they are opposed by many evil forces of Sauron and his Black Riders.
The movie trilogy has won more than 50% of the Academy Awards that the movie has been nominated for and also hold the record for the most nominations of 30 Academy Award, and these awards are not only won by one part each part has had his own share of awards, The Fellowship of the Ring won a total of 4 Academy Awards, The Two Tower won 2 and the last part The Return of the King won a total of 11 Academy Awards, clean sweeping in all the categories it was nominated.
What Made The Lord of the Rings so Special?
No one can deny the fact that the story of The Lord of the Rings trilogy is mind-blowing. But the other things that stood out in the series and that everyone appreciated is how good and well-written dialogue was. The series is full of incredible inspirational and fantastic Lord of the Rings quotes that’ll challenge you to go out and live an epic life.
Lord of the Rings Quotes
Here we have gathered some of the best quotes from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
1. “Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere.”
2. “Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.”
3. “The burned hand teaches best. After that advice about fire goes to the heart.”
4. “Many are the strange chances of the world, and help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the Wise falter.”
5. “It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.”
6. “‘Why was I chosen?’ ‘Such questions cannot be answered,’ said Gandalf. ‘You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.’”
7. “Memory is not what the heart desires. That is only a mirror.”
8. “Be Bold, but Wary! Keep up your merry hears, and ride to meet your fortune!”
9. “It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish.”
10. “Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
11. “It is useless to meet revenge with revenge: it will heal nothing.”
12. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”
13. “Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.”
14. “You may learn something, and whether what you see be fair or evil, that may be profitable, and yet it may not. Seeing is both good and perilous.”
15. “Maybe the paths that you each shall tread are already laid before your feet, though you do not see them.”
16. “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.”
17. “Your time will come. You will face the same Evil, and you will defeat it.”
18. “This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world that we may share in the days of peace.”
19. “It is not the strength of the body, but the strength of the spirit.”
20. “The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.”
21. “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.”
22. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
23. “Courage is found in unlikely places.”
24. “The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.”
25. “But in the ends it’s only a passing thing, this shadow; even darkness must pass.”